A guide of do’s and don’ts to consider before you have your headshot taken
- You cannot consider getting your headshot done if you do not know your type – your brand. Embrace yourself, your imperfection that is what make you unique. It's not just about a pretty picture.
- Practice looks and angles. Use a mirror and your phone to hone your expression.
- Bring a wardrobe of tops with different necklines. You may be surprised what works for you. Why limit yourself to a black or white t-shirt? Choose clothes that suit your brand, your colouring, your face and neck shape. Just avoid tops that have bold patterns on as these can be too distracting.
- Plan your journey. This will give you time to relax after your travels and get yourself into the right mood.
- Be positive and this will be reflected in your photos.